Friday 27 March 2009

Embrace (2 Challenges)

Challenges

Truly Scrumptious (3) - Sketch (Shiny)

Penny Black (41) - Doodling

This gorgeous little elephant stamp was kindly lent to me by a friend so that I could stamp a few images out, thank you Jean.

I enjoyed using this lovely sketch and will no doubt use it again. I decided to go with my favourite colour pink and chose papers accordingly. Now 'doodling' and me don't get on, and I try to avoid it like the plague but thought I had better have a go. Have you spotted it yet??? If you look very carefully... Yep! it is going around the edge of the circular bit of paper. Well done if you spotted it as it doesn't show up very well. I used a white Sakura pen expecting it to show up more. I watercoloured the image using my pencils and stippled ink around the edges before attaching it with foam pads. I have put buttons in the corners and just to be a bit different, I added gems to them.

Card Recipe

Stamp - Penny Black

Papers - Papermania & Summertime Designs

Buttons/Ribbon/Gems - Stash

Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh this is so pretty, your doodling looks like lace! I love the cute stamp! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Sharon said...

What a fab card. Love the colours and how you've interpreted the sketch. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card and yes I spotted your fab doodling....as Beth said it looks like a lacy edge...thanks for joining in the fun again this week at PBSC
Hugs Kath xxxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is so pretty, I love the wee elephant, Brilliant, Love Hazelxo

Dawn said...

Aww love the Ellie - cute card

thanks for joining us this week
Dawn