Thursday 12 March 2009

Lili Of The Valley Challenge (22)

The theme for this week's challenge is 'Mother's Day'. As soon as I saw this image I wanted to make a card with it, I think it is really elegant and a reminder of days gone by when ladies were very feminine. Sadly I can't remember where I found the download. Anyway, I started this card by layering gold and black onto the black base card and then the patterned paper. I made up the pyrimage image and placed it onto the card front. I added the lace and bow and then layered the greeting before attaching with foam pads. Finally I added the flowers and brads to the top of the card.

Card Recipe

Paper - Summertime Designs

Flowers - Papermania & Punched

Greeting - Computer Generated

Brads/Lace/Bow - Stash

Thanks for looking.

7 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Hi Christine, I loved this card as soon as I saw it so elegant and such a wonderful mother Day card
Hugs Jacqui x

Lorraine A said...

Lovely elegant card Christine, the image is beautiful, the paper and flowers you used are just perfect too :-)
Lorraine

Marcea said...

what a beautiful, elegant lady - wonderful card
-x-

magic boxes said...

What a beautiful card, so elegant. Perfect for Mother's Day.

Love the colours too!

Elaine

Marlou McAlees said...

such a beautiful elegant card :)

Lorraine Robertson said...

Gorgeous card & that paper goes perfect with your image...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, fabulous elegant lady.