Wednesday 18 March 2009

Lili Of The Valley DT Card

This week we have a lovely sketch by Donalda to follow.

For this card I went all girly and glittery. Once I got going I couldn't stop adding sparkle to it.

I started off by covering the card with rainbow paper that I had punched at the corners. I then put rainbow organza ribbon across the middle (I have been hoarding this ribbon for months, just gazing at it now and then, you know what it's like when something is too pretty to use). I then tied another piece around the spine. Next I cut two squares of holographic card, rounded the corners and ribbled it. I've not played with the ribbler for months, nearly forgot I had it... I placed these either side of the ribbon and added three gems to the top one. Then I cut a rectangle of pink glitter board, rounded the corners again and attached it with foam pads. Die-cut Fairy Rose came next, I attached her with foam pads. I stamped and embossed the sentiment and added the flowers which of course had to have gems on them. Finally I glittered the fairy's wings with glitter glue.

Sorry about the quality of the picture. I usually scan my cards into the computer but this time I had to use my camera as THREE HOURS after applying the glitter glue it still hadn't dried. I think I went a bit mad with the stuff...

Card Recipe

Die-cut Fairy - Lili Of The Valley
Paper - Kingfisher Crafts
Everything Else - Stash

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hiya Christine this is such a pretty card love the girly colour's.
Paula xxxx

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty! Your image and shiny DP rock!
hugs
Risa:)