Friday 16 April 2010

Fearn

Challenges

Stamp With Fun (54) - Sketch
Pollycrafts (39) - Pink/Brown/Yellow or Green
Allsorts (47) - Petals & Pearls
The Creative Cottage (6) - Things With Wings
Stamp Something - Something Layere
d

Yesterday I received my lovely new Promarkers which I won recently on the C.R.A.F.T. challenge. I decided to choose pastel colours as I tend to use pastels quite a bit. I only had the set of skin tones and was rather limited so tended not to use them much at all. Well, today I thought I would have a play with them and this card is the result. Please excuse the shading, I need a lot more practice.

Following the lovely sketch (one I shall use again and again), I first covered my base card with a floral paper. As the paper was just brown and white I coloured bits in with my pens and added glitter glue to the dots, my what a difference! I then wrapped a piece of ribbon around a piece of brown card and attached it to the bottom, adding a punched butterfly (also coloured with the pens). I then coloured my digi stamp using a combination of Promarkers and MLP pens adding glitter glue to the wings and flowers. I then double layered this using Nesties. The stamped sentiments are also double layered. Finally I coloured some flowers with the Promarkers and added pearls to the centres and also the butterfly's body. All in all I am rather pleased with how it all turned out and I think I will be using the Promarkers a lot more from now on.

Card Recipe

Digi Stamp - Pollycrafts (This Week's Freebie)
Sentiment Stamps - Papermania
Paper/Ribbon/Flowers/Pearls - Stash

Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hiya, Ah this is stunning, I love the colour scheme you have used here. It looks brill. Hope all is well with you. Love Hazelxoxo

kelly ledder said...

Beautiful card love the blank you have used,

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is so sweet and adorable loving the soft pastel colours they work so well with the design

Hugs
Lorraine x

Tracy said...

such a beautiful card love the image you have used and the gorgeous paper. Thanks for joining in this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge, I hope you will join us again. Tracy x

Milliesmarvels said...

Gorgeous card! Fearn looks beautiful with the colours you used and I love your layout too!
Thanks for joining us for the Pollycraft Challenge!
Jane
x

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Love your pretty layers! Thanks for sharing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Berry said...

Lovely image I'm a huge fan of the lillibean fairies myself! thanks for joining us at thec creative cottage this wk hugs Rebekah x

Andrea said...

A very great card - love the image! Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Many greetings
Andrea