Sunday 2 May 2010

Daisies

Challenges

The Cuttlebug Spot - Favourite Flowers (Daisies)
Passion For Promarkers (49) - Sketch & Handmade Flowers

This flippin' card has gone wrong in so many ways... First, I wanted to use a doily but this is the smallest one I have got (a bit big for the sketch!). I wanted to have another go at distressing as I am rubbish at distressing anything except myself when I try doing it. I rubbed three different distress inkpads across the doily and then spritzed it with water. I think I was too heavy handed with the inks as it all looks one colour!!! I also tried distressing around the edge of the base card but again, a disaster. It has come out a slightly darker shade of the original colour!!! The piece of card behind the main image has been embossed with the Cuttlebug and had distress ink rubbed over it but it ended up almost hidden by the main image!!! You can hardly see the ribbon because of the size of the BIG daisies!!! Ever lost the will to carry on??? Okay then, the main image has been stamped with distress ink and coloured and edged with Promarkers. The two large daisies have been done in the same way, cut out and embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I think these two elements are the only bits that came out right!!!

In my defence, your honour, I have been feeling a bit rough around the gills since developing a cold over the last couple of days. I rest my case!

Card Recipe

Stamps - B Line Designs/Personal Impressions
Paper - Scrapbox
Ribbon - Recycled From Clothes
Brads - Stash

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card. Love the cute image and your flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Ida / Little said...

Gorgeous card, I really like the colours you have worked with! Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :)

Hugs Ida

Wiccababe said...

its fab Christine :)
thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
Debbi
xx