Sunday 13 March 2011

My First Twisted Easel Card

Challenges

Creative Inspirations DT (55) - Easel Card
Charisma Cardz (10) - Easel Cards
The Rainbow Lady (143) - Best Friends

Time for another Creative Inspirations challenge and this time we want to see your Easel Cards. So, nice and easy! Our sponsor this time is Bunny Zoe Crafts and our monthly sponsor Simon Says Stamp both with fantastic prizes for one lucky winner. The Dt have made some great cards so pop on over to their blogs and have a look.

This is the first time I have had a go at making a 'twisted' easel card and was suprised at how easy it was. I got the tutorial from my DT buddy Cheryl's blog here, thanks Cheryl for an easy to follow tutorial.

I have a 'thing' going on at the moment where I want to try and use some really old stash and believe me there isn't paper in my craft room much older than this one. You know what it was like when you first started making cards and had to have everything whether you used it or not. Well, these papers were no exception, I just had to have all the pads.... This one, like most of them only got used once and what a shame as they are so beautiful.

After covering the base card I added glitter glue to the butterflies on the paper. I have coloured the image/sentiment with pencils and chalk, layered them and added some brads. To finish the card I added a couple of vellum butterflies to which I applied more glitter glue. Thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Stamps - Dawn Bibby/Inky Antics
Paper - K & Company
Vellum Butterflies/Brads - Stash

15 comments:

jaine drake said...

Wow, love how your card matches your blog site:) Beautiful card and so clever to put together a twisted easel. I love the colour and butterflies. Beautiful.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Christine,
Gorgeous card. I love the colours and the layout and the image is beautifully done.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning Christine, I love it, Thanks for playing on Rainbow Lady this week . Hope all is well with you, Love Hazelxoxo

jude said...

This is absolutely stunning hun!Love the layout and attention to detail the colours and image are perfect match!
hugs judex

Claire said...

Well for your first twisted easel, this is fab and love the way you are using up old stash too. Fab hun. Hugs, Claire x

ElizabethR said...

Great card and I love the colours thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's challenge this week. Elizabeth x

Deb said...

super twisted easel-my new fav fun thing. Gorgeous colors and love all your details
Debs
xxx

cheryl said...

oh hun honest you did an amazing job with your twisted easel card would never think it was your first one this is just stunning hun such beautiful papers,hugs cheryl xx

Sally said...

Lovely easel card, and a great image, thanks for joining us at Charisma.
Sally. x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Christine.
luv
Debby

Cor* said...

I need to use all my papers too before I buy more, but its' soooooooooooooooo hard! Great first twisted sister---wops ----I mean easle! lol love the colors by the way and your blog is looking fantastic!

Christine said...

This is a gorgeous twisted easel card Christine, fabulous papers from K&Co, I have these too but they are to scrumy to use.
Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
Christine x

Jen said...

Lovely paper and a super card. Thank you for joining in with Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
Jen x

Rainbow Lady said...

What alovely twisted easel card this is. I love it and the colours of course. Thanks so much Love Cynthia x

Debbie said...

Love the twisted easel card...still haven't tried one, so thanks for the inspiration

Hugs
Debbie