Thursday 30 June 2011

Get Well Soon

Challenges

Less Is More (21) - Sketch
One Stop Craft (137) - Get Well soon
A Spoonful Of Sugar (158) - Get Well Soon
Simon Says - Lemon/Lavender

I will be the first to admit that I am definately NOT a minimalist but I have had a go with this get well card (get well verse inside). I hope it can be classed as 'clean & simple' as I do struggle to get it right... Anyway I have used a white 5" x 7" base card and added a punched strip of lemon cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment directly onto the base card. Next I found a scrap of lavender patterned paper in my rather large scrapbox and stamped the flowers onto it. Once I cut the flowers out I simply attached them with foam pads. I even resisted adding glitter to the flowers, had to tie my hands behind my back though ha! ha! Hope you like this deviation from the norm, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Flower Stamp - Hero Arts
Sentiment Stamp - Hobby Art
Paper - Scrapbox

7 comments:

Susan said...

The purple and yellow are a great combination!! Lovely card!

Mandi said...

Lovely card, Christine
Appreciate you joining in with our challenge that is out of your comfort zone. Hope it is something you would like to do again.
Thank you very much
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

cheryl said...

this is really beautiful hun great colors hugs cheryl xxxx

Debs M said...

great card, love the flowers x

Chrissie said...

Super CAS card Christine!
Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Shelley said...

Love the simplicity. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I do love this Christine the colours really 'pop' I love those flowers.
Hugs
Lorraine x