Monday 13 June 2011

Whoopsi Daisy (GDT) - Free & Easy

Challenges

Whoopsi Daisy (GDT) - Free & Easy
Creative Card Crew - Wings
A Passion For Promarkers (103) - Pink/Brown or Blue/Brown
I Love Promarkers (69) - Sketch
Cute Card Thursday (168) - Pins & Pearls
Stamp Something - Something Punched
Stamp With Fun (115) - Pearls & Flowers

Wow! It's Monday already! Where does the time go? I seem to be back chasing my tail again. Anyway, as it is Monday that means it's time for another challenge from Whoopsie Daisy. This week we have made it easy for you by picking the theme 'Free & Easy', so make whatever you like and have fun. The DT have made some fantastic cards so pop on over to their blogs and have a look.

For my card this week I have chosen to follow the great sketch (I love the look of these panelled layouts) and used the base colours pink & brown. The sweet image has been coloured with promarkers and this time I resisted covering her wings with glitter. The lace on the punched border was a scrap that fell out of my lace box so thought I would use it up. I punched and coloured some leaves and added some paper flowers (also coloured) around the image adding pearls to the centres. Lastly, I added a circular sentiment and stuck three pearl pins into the foam pad at the back (health & safety). These are ordinary dressmaking pins I found lying around in my sewing box so didn't want the sharp points showing. That's it, hope you like it, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Digi Stamp - Whoopsie Daisy (sheet 239)
Circular Sentiment Stamp - LOTV
Digi Papers - Pink Petticoat
Lace/Flowers/Pearls/Pins - Stash

8 comments:

Tine said...

Hi Christine. Pretty interpretation of our sketch using such a sweet image. Love your pins too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Andrea said...

Very great card - nice motiv and design. Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

cheryl said...

oh this is one,brilliant card hun just love the design on this,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Claire said...

Such a pretty card and I love the LO. Hugs, Claire x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Christine this is beautiful that image is gorgeous and I adore the papers and flowers a super creation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Julie said...

Really pretty card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Juliexx

WeirdCat said...

Very pretty, lovely papers and image, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Sassy Scrapper said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love the soft colors it suites this image perfectly!
Hugs Bonnie