Tuesday 26 July 2011

Distressed Grace!



Challenges

The Sugar Bowl (64) - Sketch/Lace
Paperplay (29) - Ribbon/Lace/Buttons
Stamp Something - Favourite Embellishments (Ribbon/Lace/Buttons)
One Stop Craft - 1 Ribbon or Lace/2 Design Papers/ 3 Buttons
Our Creative Corner - Black/Bling/Buttons/Bows
Cupcake Craft (152) - Shabby/Sparkles
Stamp With Fun (121) - Friends

Well, for this card I have had another go at the shabby, distressed, vintage look!!! Personally I think it's a bit of a mess as I seem to be too heavy handed with the ink around the edges even though I start 'off the page'. If anyone can give me any pointers I would be grateful. At least I'm trying, very trying...

Okay then. I have tried to give the sketch a bit of a twist by applying it to a fold-back card (hence all the pics so you can see what I did). The gorgeous image has been coloured with promarkers and distress ink. The sentiment has been stamped and I distressed the edges, in fact, all the edges of the card have been distressed. I applied the ribbon following the sketch and added some flower buttons to the fold-back part. I then added a lace bow with a plain and a glittery (bling) button in the centre. If you are wondering where the 'black' part is, that's what the image was printed in - black ink. Is this cheating? Well, that's it, hope you like it, thanks for looking.

Card Recipe

Digi Stamp - Sugar Nellie
Sentiment stamp - Hobby Art
Digi Papers - Shabby Princess
Ribbon - Laura Ashley
Lace/Buttons - Stash

8 comments:

Debbie said...

So so pretty...

Hugs
Debbie

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

It's gorgeous Christine, love the fold you used.

Hugs
Maarit

Céline said...

fab card, lovethecombo and colouring!
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline PPC DT

Donna said...

Your card is absolutely amazing Christine and so beautifully done with our shabby sparkle theme! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Unknown said...

WOW your card is gorgeous:-) Thnks so much for sharing it with us at Paper Play this week
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Very pretty- I love that you decorated the inside of the card as well. Thanks for playing along this week at Our Creative Corner!

Laila said...

Oh so pretty :o) And the colours are really nice.
Hugs Laila

remember my candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk, ends in just a few hours...

Unknown said...

Such a lovely & soft card! Such a pretty image and lovely details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari