Friday 4 March 2016

Butterfly



The technique I have used on this card is completely new to me.  I was watching Crafters Companion on Hochanda this morning and got inspired to try and do the same sort of thing.  The idea was to die cut something into your card and then emboss it adding some distress ink around the edges and the aperture.  Needless to say, this is not my usual style but I enjoyed doing it.

I replaced the butterfly onto the aperture, added some gems and a bit of twisted florist's wire to show where it had flown.

Challenges

Less Is More (265) - Use Some Wire
Simon Says (Monday) - Take A Leap Into The Unknown (New Technique)
Simon Says (Wednesday) - Touchy Feely

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Connie said...

What a nifty idea to use wire for the trail!! Very nice work.

Esther said...

What a pretty and graceful card! I love the combination of embossing and embellishment. Fab work!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is a delightfully CAS card in such a pretty shade of blue. Well done for trying the new technique because the card you made is beautiful.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Sharon xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

What a lovely curly trail on this super butterfly!
Great card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful subtle colours and a crisp, clean design.
Thanks for sharing at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Kat W said...

Combining the die cutting and embossing as you have makes such an elegant design and I just love the wire for the butterfly trail :-)

Neets B said...

Great use of wire and I love the gentle blending around the edge.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More