Wednesday 4 May 2016

Key Cabinet



I thought I would show you a key cabinet that I upcycled a while back and never shown.  Before I started it was just plain wood but I didn't photograph it.  I started by painting the whole thing with acrylic paint.  I then added the grass (not very well), and white for clouds.  To get the effect on the clouds I just wiped bits of paint away until I was satisfied.  I then had a go at painting the trees.  I think the leaves and branches were good but not too sure about the trunks.  Anyway, when all the paint was dry I added some rub-ons and stickers.  Finally I coated the whole front with modge podge.

This was the first and only time I have ever attempted to paint a scene and I don't think I will be doing it again...

Challenges

Simon Says (Monday) - Home Décor

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Never say never Christine..your scene is just fabulous..love the sky and the trees and the beautiful fairy sitting there dreaming away..just gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

cheiron said...

What a gorgeous scene. I love the look of the painted trees! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)